Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"FACE YOUR FEARS" TAG SHOW OFF AND MINI TUTORIAL ON SPECIAL EFFECTS

Tube by VeryMany from Pics For Design HERE
**You must have a license to use PFD art**

I made another tag with Sonia's new kit "Night Of Death" and you can grab her kit on sale at Pics For Design HERE

SPECIAL EFFECTS USED

TUBE
I made the tube greyscaled (In PSP go up to Image>Greyscale>Image>Increase Color Depth to 16 million) - I then applied Greg's Factory Output Volume II>Spotlight; play around with the settings to get the look you want

MOON

I resized the Moon element to 450 width and placed it on the tag.  I decided I wanted more of an effect to it so I reopened the kit's original Moon, duplicated and closed the original then resized it to 400 width and made it greyscale (same process as explained above for the tube) - I then went up to Layers>Properties>Exclusion at 100% - copied and pasted over the Moon on the tag - it gave it a little bit of a grey color.

CANDLE

On the large Candle element on the left I used the Freehand Selection Tool and drew a teardrop shaped outline where the candle flame would go (start below the candle wick) - I then used Alien Skin Eye Candy 5>Nature>Fire>Medium Candle to make the flame - after you get the flame look that you want, go up to Selections>Select None to get rid of the original outline that you drew




Please be aware that templates, masks, kits, etc. that I use will always have a link to them - but it is beyond my control if these products/freebies are no longer available by the site/blog owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you liked this post let me know!!